ORIFIX is a factory prepared blend of carefully selected raw materials, Portland cement and graded aggregates and polymers. Designed for use with water to produce high strength thixotrophic mortar, for laying Aerated, light weight concrete, Fly ash bricks, cement hollow blocks, Cellular concrete blocks or smoothing over the block work surface in layers of up to 3 mm thickness, that meets and exceeds the requirements of National and International standards.
- Mix Orifix Thin bed mortar in 30-35% of water.
- Mix first for 5-10 min by electrical mixer to mix homogeneously.
- Allow mortart to stand for 5 minutes.
- Wet the surface of blocks before applying mortar.
- Before application clean the surface of blocks using suitable tools like brush so that any foreign material is not held on the block.
- Use spirit level and fibre hammer to remove any air gaps in between blocks for proper joining and alignment
- Mortar should be spread on all sides of the block way to mantain the bond thickness 2-3mm.
- Do not disturb the wall after application of mortar for at least 24 hours.