Oricol marine is more than just a water proof adhesive. Oricol marine is specially designed for bonding in furniture, which is exposed to water or high humidity areas. It is used in kitchen units, wall units & bathroom units where exposure to water is high.
- Oricol marine can be applied with brush, roller, spreader or finger. The usual procedure to be follwed is:
- Clean both the surfaces to be bonded.
- Apply a thin coat of oricol marine on both or one surface (as per requirement).
- Press the two surfaces together and keep under pressure till the adhesive dries completely.
- Excess adhesive pressed outside the joints should be wiped out with a wet cloth.
- Plywood and laminate surfaces should be free of dust, wax and stickers. Preferably the surface to be glued should be sanded and cleaned with cloth.
- Stir the contents of Glue container just before application & spread the glue uniformly with a plastic notch spreader first on the laminate & then on plywood.
- Once tack is formed and the film turns transparent, paste the surfaces properly, bring the laminate in contact to ply surface and make proper alignment.
- Press the laminated portion by using wet squeezed cloth to remove air entraption & voids.
- Apply masking tape on the edge & under pressure. Handling strength is received within 4-6 hrs, so finishing work can start. However, complete strength achieves in 24 his, at room temperature.
- Apply adhesive in thin layers & spread it uniformly with the spreader.
- Moisten/wet the edges of the second wood substrate/panel/plank/joint et cetra, by spraying water.
- Bring the edges of both the substrates close to each other and clamp them firmly.
- After 120 minutes, de-clamp, scrub off the extra glue.